Friday, November 14, 2008

Sevensies

So since I have nothing of any interest to write about, I will grant Laura's wish/command and write 7 totally random things about myself.  This isn't too hard for me...want to know why?  I'm a list gal.  Now, Laura asked me, Oh Beehive, LEMonade, and Va va va Bloom to take on said task of 7 randoms, so I now pass this task on to three lovely and interesting ladies, on a night when you don't feel like writing anything else:  Cassie, Emily, and Alexe'.  Do it!


1.  I listened to "Reason to Love You" by Meiko today about, hmmm, 43 times.  I have totally been digging her lately, and recommend her to any of my friends who might be checking out another Ingrid Michaelson concert this weekend. :)

2.  I have a picture of a fountain near where I lived in Germany hung in my bedroom.  I decided to put it up in my room after having recurring dreams about that fountain for about 2 years.  Since I've hung it on my wall I haven't had the dream.  I think it's because I've realized that yes, I will in fact go back some day.  I consider it a place my soul longs for.

3.  I call my dog Leo by the nickname "Bubs" or "Mr. Bubs" more than I call him by his real name.  I can't remember where it came from or why I started calling him that.  Yes, he answers to it. 

4.  Some things I find unforgivable: slowing down in front of me in the Midtown Tunnel so much so that I have to downshift, telling me to "SMILE!" first thing in the morning (that means you, Mister Security Guard Badge-Checker at work), and using tissues as napkins.  That's not what they're for.  Go ahead, try and hand me a cookie on a tissue.  I won't take it--that's a promise.

5.  I talk to my mom every day, sometimes twice.  My dad is harder to get ahold of but we spoke 3 different times on Veteran's Day.  I used to think that was weird when people would say that, but then I realized I'm one of the lucky ones who wants to speak with her parents as much as possible.

6.  I make up songs to sing to the dogs.  Last night I sang Mary one I called, "Black face, soft ears."  It was about her.  She loved it.  Tonight, the little boys (that's what I call the baby fish...is that weird?) got a song but they were much less appreciative.

7.  Since I've moved out on my own, I've been much more aware of karma.  I try to be a good person, and for the most part, I like to think I am.  However, tonight, I was walking into the grocery store and I stopped to let a dad pass me with his two little daughters.  I smiled, they smiled.  But then a mean huffy-puffy-in-a-hurry girl shoved up behind me and walked around me, cutting the dad/daughter trio off, thus negating the pausing I was doing to let them pass.  I tried to keep it in, but I felt the words coming up.  They were my sister's words.  "You're EXCUSED!" I said to her, and she turned and looked at me.  I was mortified.  Wonder how I'll pay for that one. 

2 comments:

Jmeg said...

oh i love meiko too. we saw her at our first ingrid concert. and she was wonderful.

Joanna said...

yes, love her. she is mini! i remember i loved her dress and thought i could make it. yeah right.