Big news friends! Last night I opened a fresh new InDesign document and named it "J&S_weddinginvite_v1"!!! And I worked on it for twenty minutes before bed. And I'm pretty sure I found a font I want to use -- Lauren, you can appreciate the hugeness of that statement given how we've flip-flopped over fonts together!
Perhaps I owe it to the inspiration board I pulled together last week at the suggestion of the previously mentioned bride. If you've looked at any wedding blogs you know the importance of a inspiration board -- a place to pull together all those images you've been bookmarking or squirreling away, and take them with you to vendor meetings as well as email them to mothers who don't see why you don't want red roses? And in the wedding blog world you always site your sources...so umm yeah I'm thankful for my small readership here. You guys won't be offended. Besides, five of them are my own pictures.
Some of them are obviously just that--inspiration, a starting point. Some of these are things I'd pluck right off of here and wear down the aisle if I could. So I'll be taking this in my hot little hands when my mom and I go meet with our caterer to discuss table settings on Friday. Our caterer sets up everything with the rental company...which is awesome if you're having a (half) tent wedding like us.
And for my sanity, here's a list of things we've already accomplished:
- Ceremony venue
- Reception venue
- Caterer -- menu at 95% completion
- Rentals
- Bridesmaids dresses (hey, I'm claiming it!)
- Some crafting (guest book, lanterns)
And hopefully by this time next week I'll be able to add:
- Wedding dress
- Table setting design
Whew, off to work...

0 comments:
Post a Comment