Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Craigslist

Since I found our new condo on Craigslist, it's been my favorite website.  I've been trying to sell our couch (sorry, Cass) since we're having our new ones delivered to the new place next week.  We've had a few serious-sounding emails, but no one's followed through.  So guess what I did tonight?  I put it in the free section.  


And as the dogs as my witness, I'm sitting here crying.  Because the first person who responded to the ad just wrote me back after telling her she can pick the couch up tomorrow night and said this: "thank you and god bless you Mrs. Stacy god will give you what you ask for and I thank you." That was all it took for me to lose it a little.  AND THEN--I believe it was the 25th email responding to the ad, tells me he's a deaf single father who just needs a nice couch for his children.  I wrote him back and told him he's #2 in line if #1 fails me.  I don't care if he's lying; he won me over.  I also just got another email that merely said, "God bless."  

Bottom line, I might start posting all of my toss-aways on the free section.  I just hope it makes someone's Christmas a litttle cozier.  I, along with the dogs, will miss napping on it.

3 comments:

AndyandLex said...

Oh what joy. That is wonderful S. Makes me want to just take the time to go through our "junk" pile and make it some man's treasure.

Lowa said...

I think that's wonderful Stacy :)

Joanna said...

How cool! I wondered what you meant by 'free couch lady' in your email. I really need to get myself back into the blogosphere. Nice work :)