Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Take it to the Forum

Providing no background whatsoever, I ask you this question:


If someone asked you to make them an exact recreation of your wedding save the dates (or invitations for that matter) before your wedding has occurred, would you politely decline or would you accept the job? As in, you just replace your name with her name and maybe change a color or two.

I've already got my answer, but I'm curious about other people's opinion. And I am also curious to know if I am insane for feeling slightly offended by this request.

3 comments:

Emily! said...

I know copying is the most sincere form of flattery, but the only way I would consider would be if not one person on the invite list was the same as yours. Otherwise your custom creation appears to be....gasp...mass produced. I would politely decline and offer a price estimate for designing her own custom beautiful invite :)

Jmeg said...

agreed with emily. i wouldnt want someone to mimic. it is a great compliment, but if its your design i wouldnt want to re purpose, it takes away the uniqueness and sentimental value.

Lowa said...

I agree as well, and I would be a little taken back by this request as well. Sell her a new design!