I had such a wonderful day yesterday. I left work at 1 and met my dear friend Lex and her gorgeous 12 week old baby girl Lallie Beth for a shopping date. I wish I'd taken pictures...sigh. Little Lallie Beth is not only seriously adorable, but she was quite the lady, with only one small fuss session. But once mama taught me how to hold her to alleviate her gas pains, Lallie was just fine! It was so much fun pushing her bright red Mutsy around the mall, being Alexe's baby-pusher while she had some mommy shop time as I gladly ogled the sleeping baby.
After we parted ways, I of course gushed all night to J about how lovely Lallie Beth is, and how lucky Alexe' and Andy are. And how when the time comes (read: several several years from now) it's going to be so much fun to have one, too. One of the truly fantastic things about my boyfriend is that he shares my excitement for the future. There are no more "ifs." Only "whens."
One thing I regrettably did not get to do was buy some mini-me things for Lallie Beth before they had to go home. My first baby clothes shopping experience was in February, and whoa, I almost didn't make it out of there alive, because everything was too dang cute. The bumblebee onesie was the one that got me all choked up, and in J's words, "You don't have a baby to wear the clothes you want to buy, you buy clothes for the baby you already have." Sooo...I guess until that day comes, you buy clothes for the babies around you. And for me, that's Lallie Beth, Berkley, and the much-anticipated arrival of Baby Winstead.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Lallie Beth -- fashionable baby extraordinaire
Posted by Stacy at 6:49 PM
Labels: babies, deep thoughts, my posse
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Oh lovey....Lallie Beth and I had the most delightful time...stripping in the middle of H&M, coffee at nordies, and breaking the bank at eq3. D-lite-ful! She talked (babbled) nearly the entire way home yesterday...so funny. can't wait to see u in june! and btw -johnson city is only 1 hr north of team weymouth's treehouse....oh how fun to have you come play??!!
Post a Comment