Sunday, April 5, 2009

In need of a new camera

When I upgraded last year and bought my dear sweet huge-screened lover, my Mac, I unknowingly took two or three steps back technology-wise as well.


For one, my newish printer does not communicate with Slim Charles (click here for a short summary on my computer's namesake).  So when I do all these great creative graphic design things...they can be emailed to you to print out yourself.  Thank you clients!  No, seriously.  J inherited said printer and uses it to print out crossword puzzles.

Secondly, my camera doesn't speak to the Mac.  Why?  Nothing having to do with the fact I got my camera like a billion years ago (I think it's the first model of the digital Elph).  The screen on it is maybe a 1 inch by 1 inch square.  I love my camera, it's treated me well and it's been reliable.  BUT--what good is it to me now?  Which is why for the better part of the last year I've relied on my friends to take pictures for me.  And they'll gladly do it, but I never seem to see any of those pictures afterwards.  So this past year of my life basically doesn't exist.

When my parents were here visiting, I think we took maybe 2 pictures with J's camera, but since it takes me way longer to figure out how to upload pictures on his computer, I figured it'd be easier to ask my parents to send theirs over.  So far, this is all they sent, a pic of J touching a squirrel monkey through the glass at the zoo.  I think once I get through a few upcoming expenses, I'll be investing in a new camera to get me to through the next 10 years.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Well, I hope you get pictures from someone from the Crooner's Party. Must see!

Jmeg said...

ha - priorities stac, obviously the monkey was very important and an fond memory from their visit.