
During the awkward phase at the beginning of lunch, someone mentions my engagement ring. This sparks a frenzy and they start asking tons of questions. How'd he do it--at the beach--When did this happen?--Easter--Did you help pick out the ring?--No, it's a family heirloom--What's your dress going to look like?--
And that's the one that stopped me short. My dress? You mean I have to pick out a dress to wear at my wedding? I said, "I honestly have no idea!" I've never claimed to be a girl who had the whole wedding planned and just needed to snag a man; I've never envisioned a single detail about my future wedding until this past week or so. J knows this, he's comfortable with it; he knows the thought of getting into nitty gritty details right now would make me break out into a sweat. We're taking it slooooow with the planning. Why is that so hard for people?
Apparently my "no idea" about my future dress compelled one of the ladies I was sitting with to offer me her wedding dress...to borrow...if I got "in a pinch." Mind you, I believe we've spoken twice before today. I was both flattered and mortified.
So I now have a goal. The next X amount of months of my life will be dedicated to not ever having to entertain the thought of borrowing a dress from a 45 year old woman who is about 5 inches shorter than me and about 50 pounds heavier.

1 comments:
Thank the good Lord for that! And yes, you have thought about your wedding dress...let me refresh...Charlotte, Jew, slightly trumpeted skirt...do I really have to say any more?
Post a Comment