Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Scammed!

Upon the arrival of the new monstrous TV, and due to the fact that J gets Netflix on his XBox 360, I figured shoot, it's time to cancel my Blockbuster online account.


I have loved it, it has served me well.  Mostly back in the "single days" when I preferred to go home on Friday and not emerge from my apartment until Monday mornings but still.  I never felt bad about paying the $11.99 a month.

That is, until I tried to cancel.

Once i confirmed that yes, I would indeed like to cancel my subscription, an email from BBV pops up in my email.  They're trying to entice me with their nice words.  And...what's this?  They're trying to entice me to accept a deal with them!  They're trying to bribe me!  $9.99 a month?  $3.99 a month!??!

Bottom line, I still said no.  I was offended at their last-ditch effort to woo me.  Does loyalty mean nothing to them after 3 years?  Well, that, and Netflix is cheaper.  I'll miss your "We've received 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch' DVD and 'Flight of the Navigator' is on its way'" emails.  But if anyone out there is paying $11.99 a month with Blockbuster online, perhaps you should try to cancel your account and have them offer you a lower rate.

These are tough times.

0 comments: