Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Reasons to love you

I love you for calling my alma mater "SMS Text Message University."

I love that sometimes you sneak a few treats out of the jar without the dogs hearing (an incredible fete) just so you can surprise them with treats later when they are in bed.
I love that you'd give a stranger the shirt off your back.
I love that sometimes you give me the shirt off your back. :)
I love that you planted me an herb garden.
I love that you always say, "Thank you, sweetie."
I love that you have about 1,000 nicknames for Leo + Mary and they all make me crack up.
I love you for kissing me very softly before you leave on mornings when you have to get up earlier than I do.
I love that we speak in code most of the time.
I love you for making a 4-tabbed Excel spreadsheet of details about the wedding we've "not started planning yet."
I love you for reaching over to pat my leg when I've made you laugh.
I love that you love me enough to propose with a family ring.
I love your eyes when you laugh; they smile.
I love that when I tell you I've seen a spider, you'll go hunt it down. Even if it's on the ceiling. Above the bed.
I love you for always bringing me water.
I love that you let me cry.
I love that you're strong enough to let me see you cry.
I love that you get excited to show me the things you've purchased at the store.
I love that we are both equally paranoid about making sure all doors are locked before bedtime, and I love that you'll humor me by getting out of bed to check.
I love that you hid pearls in the fridge for me to find.
I love the way you say "hello" to me when you call me.  It's more like, "hah-low," and I can always tell you're smiling when you say it.
I love that you come tuck me in on nights when you stay up later than I do.
I love that when we watch TV together, sometimes  you'll hold out your hand just so, and I know it means you want me to put my hand in yours.
I love that in a recent conversation about what I would want to name a future son, I said, "I just hope we get to name him that," and you said, "I just hope we have a baby."
I love that if you were given the choice between tickets to an NFL game or tickets to a zoo, I would know exactly where to find you: the monkey exhibit.
I love coming home to find you listening to the CD I made for you right after we started dating.
I love coming home to find you.

1 comments:

Lowa said...

That was about the sweetest thing I've ever read :)