Friday, May 22, 2009

Just a quick word

I am procrastinating getting my bum ready for work this morning, I have no energy.  And I have so much to say.  In random order.


- NAPA WAS AWESOME.  I have great pics and memories alike.  I also found a bottle of BV Sauvignon Blanc last night and I'm going to have some this weekend and pretend I'm at BV, swaying slightly, whispering to Emily and Lauren, "hehe, I'm drrruuunk!"

- My afternoon commute yesterday was exactly 2 hours long.  120 minutes.  Normally, it is 7.  I was unhappy.

- Lauren's wedding is in a handful of days.  I am so excited for her wedding!  And the days leading up to it, I know she did a wonderful job planning.  

- Speaking of weddings, another bff got engaged: Miss Joanna!  Since my heart has been full most of this year, it just stretches to cram in extra bits of happiness.  I cannot wait to meet her mister at abovementioned wedding.  I already like him a whole lot on Facebook and I think that really means something.  He proposed with a gorgeous ring that compliments her hand wonderfully.  The happiness continues. :)

- I've been wrestled into working nights again at work.  I'm not happy about that.  I feel like everyday at work I'm forced to remind people that I'm 26 and still "living" my life.  Someone said yesterday, "Oh yeah, you're going to your friends' wedding soon."  I gasped and said, "It's my BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING!?!" and expected him to understand the importance of the event.  These are my coworkers, folks.

- When I returned from Napa, J had purchased new dog beds for the babies.  They're so cute.  The first night we had them, I fell asleep smiling about how his new pre-bed ritual involves telling the dogs that "You're SO adorable!"  I love him.  And them.

- Yesterday after my 2 hour commute from hell, I just wanted to relax and not think about anything stressful and how much laundry is piling up and how much stuff needs to be done before leaving for Texas bright and early Friday morning (one week) and so we decided to explore one area of our wedding spreadsheet that so far was blank: honeymoons.  Who knew how expensive they are?  Not I.  We looked at one that really got us excited.  Found the info on the plane in a second-hand bridal magazine from a friend.  I'm gonna owe her a glass of my BV wine for that one.

- Work.  Again.

1 comments:

Joanna said...

So many wonderful things :) Will you be around tomorrow evening? I will call you after class, 5 my time. Until then!