Friday, September 26, 2008

Lovely randoms of this week

Monday:  J accepted a job that could offer international relocation in the future.  We spent the evening figuring out how far away Rotterdam is from our favorite cities in Germany, ya know, just in case.  (Answer: NOT FAR AT ALL).


Tuesday:  Worked a 14.5 hour day.  But I didn't mind so much because I had my own office for the day...and access to an all-you-can-drink gourmet coffee bar.

Wednesday:  Joined my newly-engaged pals for a night of toasting with champagne (and then toasting again with wine).  Another friend got laid off.  Another announced that she's 8 weeks pregnant.  What a day!

Thursday:  I got reacquainted with a banana-eating Polo-clad super smiley Lallie Beth of Team Weymouth.  Adorable, that one.  While awaiting her grandmother's chauffeur service to arrive, I got to provide a safe haven from the coastal storm for little Natalie and her mama Alexe' in my car.  Lallie Beth found my steering wheel to be the most enticing teething ring she's ever seen.  I think Alexe' should throw away her teething rings and just buy her infant daughter a Jetta to teethe on.

Friday:  I slept through my alarm, but somehow managed to get to work only 10 minutes late.  I need to reassess my routine.  Like Kramer on that episode of Seinfeld, where he ponders how to cut the amount of time he spends in the shower.  

0 comments: