Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Medium Rare

Ahh Labor Day.  A day to be outside with friends.  A day to be burnt to a crisp.


After a wonderful day of fun aboard our friends' boat, J and I are certainly paying the price.  We set sail around 10AM, armed with chips and beer and SPF.  We hit some great fishing spots and I caught more fish than I've ever caught before.  I also caught a clam shell...J was proud.

Around 2PM we decided, wow, we should really re-apply, it's really hot out, we're starting to get red, wow, we're really red.  We dove into the water for a quick dip, and then docked the boat at a restaurant on the water and had a beer and the best hush puppies of our lives.  At one point I redid my ratty hair into a ponytail and realized how tight my arms were, and how badly I'd screwed myself.  And then had to get back on the boat for another 2 hours to get home.  The burning continued.

Last night was spent taking cold showers and applying aloe to the parts of each others' backs that we can't reach ourselves.  Why won't I ever learn that my pale self and my equally pale boyfriend can't hang with our tan friends? After a day of "SOMEone got some SUN this weekend -- hardy har harrr!" comments, I've definitely learned my lesson. 

0 comments: