Sunday, October 12, 2008

It was bound to happen


26 years, and I'd guess 100+ rollercoaster rides?  It was only a given that I'd finally one day be on a rollercoaster when it broke.  


Yesterday J and I headed to Busch Gardens to have a childlike day of fun with no stress.  I finally gave in and let J talk me into waiting in the extra long line to ride in the first row.  There were 2 little boys in the seats behind us and the 4 of us were having a lovely time screaming our heads off until the coaster came to a screeching halt on an uphill climb.  A nice calming soothing voice came over an invisible speaker and announced to us not to worry that an unscheduled issue had caused an interruption in our ride.  Please remain calm.  Seriously?

The little boys behind us were so calm and cool so I started yelling things over my harnessed shoulder to them about how they'd have the most awesome stories to tell at school this week.  They were like, 'Oh yeah!  No one's gonna believe this!'  And then I started talking to them to calm myself down.  I shouted things like, "At least we're not hanging upside down."  "At least we're not on the downward slope of the hill!"  J squeezed my hand and told me to calm down.  But just in case, that he really loved me.

It was about the point where I started considering that we were going to make the 11:00 news for falling off a rollercoaster when the same super sweet voice came over the speakers and assured us that the ride would continue shortly, and thank you for your patience.  And it did.  And it went at the same speed as it had before it broke.  And we should've bought the picture that it snapped as it took us in a loopty-loop right after it started up again.  Because I swear, everyone's facial expressions were absolutely priceless.  But just not for those ridiculous prices.

1 comments:

Jmeg said...

Sounds like a great Sunday fun-day! Sans the sudden stop. Glad to hear it ended well.