J and I are positively giddy...we have been looking for a place to move at the end of December, when our current lease expires, and we have found a place that blew both of our minds. It's not possible to love a place more than our wonderful Euroloft; but this place will definitely run a close second.
Since I moved to Virginia in 2004, I have been in love with West Ghent's tree-studded streets lined with large picturesque old houses, rich in history -- except back then Cassie and I thought "Ghent" was such a weird, ugly word. Who knew it's where I would walk with Leo until I decided I could stay here on my own, start my life out on my own? And J grew up two blocks from our new condo. It's a hop, skip, and a jump to our favorite bar, restaurant, and dog-walking spots. It's two blocks from the friends we hang out with the most. It is literally two blocks from the Midtown Tunnel, shaving ten minutes off our commute to work. It will hopefully tone our rumps into lean mean stair-climbing machines, being on the third floor and all. It defies all standards for W. Ghent in that it has tons of closet space and a beautifully bright, decently-sized kitchen. We are doubling our square footage. The master bedroom is currently a shade of leaf green that could burn out your corneas, so I won't post a picture until we paint it.
Best of all, it's a 3 bedroom, so J and I get our own offices! We'd long since agreed he would get his much sought after "man cave" where he can store all of his...I don't know...man things. But now I get my own space too, and since I'm working a lot in the evenings it'll come in very handy to have a designated Stacy Space. My office will also double as a guest bedroom, which means visitors are welcome! Oh, and did I forget to mention it's the most wondrous shade of crimson? Who loves red more than this girl?
Our new living area

The lovely taupe-y gray bathroom that coincidentally matches
our current bathroom decor
What I've always wanted
Moving date: December 15th.

4 comments:
That's so awesome!! If I were there I'd help you move because that's what friends do.
Oh I'm so excited for you guys!! If I were there, I'd throw you a housewarming party because I'm better at mixing cocktails then moving boxes. :)
Thats wonderful news! So the wait was well worth it. Cant wait to see it all come together with your stuff. Congrats to you and J.
I'm in love...and this girl is definitely going to visit now.
Post a Comment