Over the last several months I've developed a semi-serious reliance (I avoid the word addiction) on Alka Seltzer Nighttime Cold. It's the most amazing medicine I've ever taken, hands down. I took it last night before bed when I felt a little scratchy-throated and icky no doubt due to our 30 degree temperature drop last week. I admit, it does cause me to wake up in the middle of the night in a confused state of euphoric blurriness. (It's kind of like the confusion you felt when Saved By the Bell writers sent Jesse on a year-long sabbatical and replaced her with the biker beeyotch Tori and expected no one to notice...you know, the confusion that is quickly replaced with a distraction. This distraction being that I felt amazing, and not at all sick anymore).
Last week during one of our many trips to Walgreens, (I love living a city that contains no convenient Wal-Mart) J says to me, "Are you out of your Alka Seltzer?" and of course I was, so we headed over to retrieve the lovely box of this overworked-underslept gal's best friend. When--what's this? They've slapped a notice on the box warning parents about teen drug addiction. On MY box of Alka Seltzer Nighttime Cold? Nonsense. I'm not addicted. I could quit anytime I want. In fact, tonight I'm not taking any of my magical effervescent sleep-bringers.
Nope. I'm taking Unisom.

2 comments:
You need to STOP!
She's a nurse you should listen to her! ...but I'm one to talk...
Post a Comment