Monday, March 9, 2009

Friends + neighbors

Right before our gaggle of friends showed up to our impromptu "It's 80-degrees outside!" party on Friday night, I ran down and slapped a post-it on the corkboard at the bottom of the stairwell inviting our neighbors to come up for a drink.  Not thinking anyone would actually show up (considering the inhabitants of this condo alone run on pretty opposite schedules, our neighbors must leave 5 minutes before we do and get home 10 minutes after...we hardly ever see these people, it's so mysterious), you can imagine our surprise when J and I open the door to two gentlemen from the first floor.

Flash forward an hour.  We are out on the balcony laughing with our friends...laughing with our neighbors.  They were hilarious, one in particular, and I think he'll be joining our gang again soon -- having equally impressed everyone with his wit.  He's Cajun and insists we'll be having an "etouffee -off" soon.  Seriously.  Anyone who knows me in this life knows I love two things: etouffee and a challenge.  Bring it.

On a side note, I have my first sunburn of the year!  Not a bad one, but enough that I know I'll get some comments at work.  In what seemed like a much-needed weekend of togetherness, my friends all met yesterday at one of our favorite brunching spots at the beach.  Afterwards, we parked it on the beach for a few hours, enjoying the warmth of the sand and the mildness of the March sun.  Our guys played a little football.  The girls sat around talking about their guys playing football.

Too bad they say it's going to be 32 on Friday.  

0 comments: