Monday, March 23, 2009

Sunday Spring

After unwinding a bit after my parents' visit, I spent all day yesterday being a lazy SOB.  I began my day of laze with a little coffee on the balcony, book in hand, and enjoyed a solid hour of uninterrupted reading while the dogs relocated their bodies every ten minutes, trying to follow the patches of sunlight across the porch.  The dogs then got a good brushing and a nail trimming.


After that, Justin woke up and my laziness only got worse.  I took my entire basket of nail stuff out on to the porch and gave myself my first Springtime pedicure in a lovely shade of hottttt pink. The only thing left to do with my day was to do one measly load of laundry, and then spend about 2 hours squeegeeing water into the sump pump down in the basement.  Things your landlard won't tell you when you move into a 100 year old East Coast house with a basement: Hey, those 4 1/2 days of rain you had last week?  That's going to flood your basement for the foreseeable future.  Fetch your leopard-print wellies and carry on with your business!

Our night wrapped up when I finally deemed it the right time to eat the roast I'd started in the crock pot 6 hours earlier.  Despite getting something in my eye last evening (if I were a betting man, I'd bet it was a hair belonging to either a smallish brown dog, or a smallish black dog) and then after an hour of rubbing, rinsing, crying, screaming to the gods to get it out of me!, it was a much-needed day.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

What a lovely day. Everyone deserves a day like that...I don't think it's being lazy...it's called relaxing! That's what Sundays are for :)

Jmeg said...

sure it wasnt a contact? i know i hate it when mine gets lost in my lid.