Listen, I know it's a bad time to be complaining about a job, not to mention a job you love. That's why I'm not complaining. However, I am blaming my job for causing my designer's block when it comes to actually starting my wedding invitations. I liken it to a chef who cooks all day at a restaurant and then comes home to find out they've got to cook dinner for their family. A craft you love, suddenly turned into a chore.
I place 100% of the blame on the fact that on any given weekday, I spend between 8-10 hours hunched over my computer at work...ruining my eyesight. Threatening my wrists with carpel tunnel. Severely impeding my posture. I blame my job as the reason why I'm delaying starting the task I thought I'd most enjoy about wedding planning. This should be so fun for me -- no boss to approve my design concept! No customer to insist I make a logo bigger (or, let's be honest here, add 14 more logos!)! No "helpful insights" from anyone other than myself and J.
I've already completed several crafts for the wedding, oh yes, so that's not the problem. But, it's totally the government's fault if--come a few months from now--you receive a folded 8.5 x 11 piece of white typing paper, hand-scrawled in black ink, with "Will you please come to my wedding? You know who I'm marrying and you know where it is. Check yes or no."
Aaggghh! Why can't I start? Maybe next week...

2 comments:
Good luck! It took me a whole month to design mine, then I hand printed and assembled them. It was a lot of work but totally worth it!
Yes, I understand the block...I have designed the STDs, but now I have to print. And send. Seems like a lot of work. And do I really like them? Ugh. Good luck :)
Post a Comment