So it snowed on Friday night. Apparently the largest snowfall in two decades, and definitely the only time I've seen real snow in my five years Virginia. Needless to say, it basically is shutting down the region transportation-wise. No plow has been through our neighborhood, no salt trucks, no nothing. I'm willing to bet that maybe 1 in 4 houses has a snow shovel, judging from the still snow-covered sidewalks. There are 6 or so inches of snow still covering my car. Just amazing.
My neighbors had a raging party on Friday night so Justin's friend his girlfriend stayed in our guest room. And when we all woke up and saw the snow, we called some other friends and met up for brunch to celebrate SNOW DAY with bloody marys and mimosas! Then we took the dogs (their G. shepherd Cheyenne pictured above with Leo) on an incredibly beautiful and quiet walk to a park where the pups ran around frantically in the snow with about 6 other snow-covered pooches. Hilarious.
Having spent most of my life in the Midwest, snow is not usually such a novelty. I was thinking about how there are kids here who (unless they've traveled elsewhere) had never seen snow before this weekend. Never made a snowman. Never had a snowball fight...so sad.
Never had their boss call them two hours ago to tell them it's essential-personnel-only tomorrow...so no work for me. So for now, it's wool socks and hot chocolate and movie time.

2 comments:
We got between four and five inches in Nashville on Friday and a lot of the roads are still not plowed. A little kid in my neighborhood actually had a sled...I think he has been holding on to that for awhile.
Glad you enjoyed your snow! And I love that you have your ski goggles on...just in case :)
Post a Comment