Tuesday, January 26, 2010

To Whom it May Concern

One teensy little detail that I'd not given very much attention to (until last night) was addresses.

I've been in the process of compiling our addresses so that when I'm done assembling our save the dates, in a perfect world, that they'll be ready to be slipped into a mailbox. Hands clean. Done. I had no idea how silly of a girl I am until last night. As soon as J proposed, seriously adorable, he started a spreadsheet for our musical choices because that's one thing he's a huge stickler for. He also started a tab for addresses. And all those little return addresses I'd been ripping off mail for the last two years, those puppies came marching out and made a home on our spreadsheet. Easy, right?

But what about those divorced women who kept their married names? What about those married women who didn't "retain their maiden names," but instead hyphenated? What if one of those women is a doctor? And her husband is a retired Army Officer? And good gracious, do we really have an Esquire coming to our wedding??? Sigh.

They say the devil is in the details, but when you're as anal retentive as J and I happen to be, you'll forgive me for stressing for a few days that we've labeled everyone correctly, carefully spelled out each "Virginia" (dear God, please don't let me be that girl who invites people to her wedding in Virgina). You can imagine I'll be running every single spellcheck, GREP, and crazy searches that InDesign allows.

Hey, at least my up-til-midnight bloodshot eyes aren't nearly as red as last week's!

1 comments:

Lowa said...

That was my least favorite part of the wedding planning, hands down. Take luck!