I donate my old clothes, right? It's not like I keep all of my clothes to myself forever. No. Once the old ones don't fit me or my style any longer, I donate them. To someone who needs them. To keep someone else warm and comfortable and fully clothed in public. It would be completely unnecessary of me to keep things I don't need from people who do, especially when I have the means to replace them.
I am taking this same logic with me this afternoon to the Red Cross. I'm not going to lie, I am nervous about it. But as my wise soon-to-be-former boss/mentor reminded me, "Think of why you're donating, not what you're doing while you're doing it." So at 4:30 today when I go to give my first donation in ten years, I won't be thinking about how I hate needles or how I hope I don't pass out. I'll be thinking about how someone in my local area means as much to their friends and family as dear Laura means to me.

1 comments:
:)
Post a Comment