Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Another Post About Dog Puke

This past week, Leo's been a little devil.


He's been getting into things that before didn't intrigue him at all. We've had to take new precautions before we leave the house to avoid coming home to a train-wreck. I'm not going to tell you some of the awful things he's ingested from an overturned kitchen trash can this week, but I will tell you his body is punishing him for it now.

Leo is a strange bird. Before he tosses his cookies, (does anyone else's dogs puke as much as ours do? If you can stomach it, click here and scroll down for a reminder of past-pukes...) Leo makes a strange little smiling face, where his dog-cheeks stick out and he kind of appears to be grimacing. Grima-smiling. Anyway, we call it "Bat Wings." And we know now that it is the warning bell to awful things coming soon, and before you know it, he's heaving and....yeah, all over the floor. So when one of us spots Bat Wings, it goes down a little something like this:

S: Oh no! He's got BAT WINGS! Get him off the couch!!!
J: Leo, down! Hurry! DOWN! Oh, no, ewwww...
S: sigh...I'll get the Spot Shot...

Well, last night, I was brushing my teeth and preparing to skip into the TV room with swimming goggles on (this is true), when I noticed a small dingo standing next to me in the bathroom. I looked down at him. BAT WINGS. Just as he started to heave. After he was finished, J and I sat with him in the bathroom for quite some time, comforting him and telling him it was going to be ok. We're not angry with you, Leo. Regardless of how angry we were with him earlier, as soon as he gets sick, we always forgive him and I just want him to feel better.

And I might have said, "Thank you Leo, for running to tell Mommy you had to throw up." Either way, I hope this is good practice for parenthood -- that's the only way I can justify this.

1 comments:

emmy-ray said...

Flynn, our beagle, used to get sick every single day without fail. Turned out he has food allergies. He's on special food now and never ever throws up.