We spent the 4th at my friend's parents' house who have a huge BBQ on their dock every year. It occured to me that I've spent every July 4th in Virginia at their house, and for a fleeting moment I realized, wow I do have traditions here in this great state--excuse me--Commonwealth.
Fun was had by all, and there were margaritas and laughter the whole day long. At one point, I was floating in the water with my dear friend Jamie when all of a sudden I see J and Jamie's fiance Josh float around the corner of the dock on a very large inner tube (it seats about 9, fyi). With the excitement of a 12-year-old flashing in his eyes, J shouts to me, "We're swimming to Fort Monroe!" Side note: Fort Monroe is across the water from the dock at which we were partying. I shall guess the distance to be about 3 miles? I.e. unrealistic for swimming across. Especially after one has had a few 'ritas. But in the spirit of independence, Jamie and I climbed on board, followed by Bob and our friend Chris, and attempted to swim to Fort Monroe. About 10 minutes (and not too far distance-wise) later, we succumbed to our laughter and decided to turn around. It was a short excursion, but it was priceless to feel that much like a kid again.
I just got home from the dentist. Teeth cleanings. I'm torn on them. On one hand, I love the sensation of uber smooth fresh teeth. But I hate (HATE) the lingering smell of latex on my face. What's up with that? So gross.
In coupledom news, today is our 10 month "anniversary." Crazy. Or in a personal shout-out to JG, "crazy crazy." Know what I got him? A new brush head for his Sonicare toothbrush. Matching ones actually. Because we're yuppies of the most serious variety. The sort that brush their teeth with matching expensive electric toothbrushes before heading to bed to read their same-author-but-different-title Crichton books. But in our defense, we beat Contra last night. I think that helps us weigh in on the "cool" side of the scale. Right???
Monday, July 7, 2008
July 4th and a bit of randomness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Hey! Glad you had a great 4th. I'll call you this week sometime...miss you!
Post a Comment