Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ketchup

I've been quite the busy bee lately, so here are the top 10 happenings as of late:

1. Last week we spent Sunday - Wednesday every evening at J's family's beach house to celebrate his g-parents' 70th anniversary. His family, all 45 that I met, is just awesome and I loved spending so much time with them. Apparently that's a rarity in this world, but I'm lucky enough to come from an awesome family as well, so I just think that's normal. They're a really great bunch and I am amazed at how "in" I already feel with them.

2. Once we decided to stay in the Euroloft, i.e. saving money, we decided to schedule a quick weekend camping trip. We went up to the Rappahannock River (about 2 hours away) and camped and canoed. We did an amazing 11-mile canoe trip. It was such beautiful scenery. At one point, I convinced J to "park" the canoe (I'm so not nautical) and just sit in some rapids for a little bit as if it were nature's jacuzzi. We stopped on a little beach and ate our picnic and relaxed in the sun. Saturday night, J made hobos in the campfire (hello Girl Scouts!) and we just passed out from exhaustion.

3. After #2's invoked exhaustion, we coined the phrase "Tennessee Tired." Meaning the happy tired feeling that comes after an extreme hike, canoe trip, etc., that reminds us of how we felt every night in Tennessee. Tired, but content.

4. Work has been so incredibly slow the past 2 weeks that I've wanted to rip my eyelashes out to stay awake. It's a bad slow.

5. My birthday is in 6 days! I got my first bday present from J...a beautiful sapphire ring. He did so well. He was too excited to wait and give it to me later...I love that boy to death. His second gift, that will be blogged about fo' sho', is a trip with the dogs to a pet psychic. I can't wait to ask Leo a ton of questions. Can anyone think of anything really great to ask him?

6. I've been out of Allegra since Saturday. AAGGGH. I'm also covered head-to-toe in bug bites despite my best efforts to stay covered in a blanket of bug spray. However, my religious applications of SPF helped, because neither of us burned despite being in the direct blazing sun on a river for 6+ hours.

7. Heat index in Norfolk today? 105

8. Scratch that, I only had 7 things to talk about.

2 comments:

Lowa said...

Oh man, what to ask Leo?? Ask him what he thinks about Mary and if that's his girlfriend. Ask him if he liked having a backpack and the duties that came along with it. I can't wait to hear about what happens!

Cass said...

Ask...really? How can you equally love paper towels and women's panties? Different texture, different nastiness...is it like loving steak and sushi? I'm perplexed