Thursday, July 23, 2009

My first wedding post

I have said at least three times this week that if I didn't have a wedding to be planning right now I would've lost my mind. I'm not going to air my work business right now but let's just say things are rocky to say the least. Hence, all the planning and crafting I've been busying myself with as I avoid reality and refuse to let myself think of awful things like paycuts, layoffs and unemployment.

Without further ado, I would love to share a few things with you.

First, behold my new best friends. Small brown birds. They are votive holders. For the next year of my life, all but maybe two of the 23 I bought will be living in what is becoming my wedding-craft-closet as I start pack-ratting away small trinkets intended to make a cameo at our nuptials. Two, yes, I think two will live somewhere I can see them. Perhaps on our baker's rack.

So there they are. Posing so sweetly next to J's passion flower on the balcony. I envision them sitting sweetly at the base of the centerpiece on each table at the reception. I also wonder how darling they'd look with a nice full bloom in the holder instead of a votive, especially since we'd be on the water. Windy, windy water.

Oh, did I mention they came from the DOLLAR STORE? Yes. Sometimes it pays to look past the Hannah Montana toothpaste and Shasta. But my love for browsing the aisles of the DS is another story entirely.

Next up, my first wedding craft job. The guest book. Behold.

Thanks to a hardback sketchbook from Michael's, a billion baby envelopes from Paper Source, some delicious fabric that no doubt is going to pop up in other projects, it is now complete. Well, not entirely. We left a few blank spots on some pages to paste in pictures of us. I have to say that this was a super fun craft, and not only was it cost effective, but I was very pleased with the outcome. And now it and its 180 ribbon-tied hang tag friends get to go into the abovementioned wedding-craft-closet. Our dining room can now return to it's normal function. Once I clean up "Craft Central Station" as I've been calling it the past week.

PS, If I haven't said it before, our palette is marigold, eggplant, sage and chocolate...in that order. It should be noted that the eggplant was J's suggestion. He picked the purple, y'all, not me. How did I get this lucky?

2 comments:

emmy-ray said...

Cute guest book. I have also destroyed not just one room but our whole house getting ready for my craft/art fair this weekend. Every single surface is covered with craft/jewelry related items. Matt is nice enough to look the other way.

Joanna said...

Very cute! Even better than I imagined. And the DS votives are adorable! I can't wait to see everything all together next year :)