Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Anticipation of the 4th

I kicked bum at work last week and now I get the holiday weekend to actually relax.  Since J and I are still in serious budget mode we're taking things a little lower key than originally planned.


Original plans: 
- Going to Busch Gardens on Friday ($$)
- Going to check out wedding ring options ($$$$)

Scaled back budget plans:
- going to see a few of our venue choices tomorrow.  Hooray!  Hopefully we'll rule out a few or at least one will stand out to us as a winner.  Also, I have a tentative wedding date in mind...not going to share until I know more...for now it'll suffice to say it's the feast day of the patron saint of aviators, test takers and weak students.  Seriously, wikipedia?

- heading up to Moon, VA on Friday to see Granddaddy.  We're taking the dogs so you can expect hilarious pictures and stories.  Also hoping to get some canoe time in.

- a birthday party for a girlfriend with an 8 week old baby.  What's more fun than that?

- Finally spending some time together after almost 5 days and 4 nights apart.  Which believe me, seemed MUCH longer.  Side note: my mother now reads my blog.  She called me to tell me, "Stacy, you should not be writing about when you're at home all alone.  It's just not safe.  People can figure out where you live, and ..."  People, this is the reason why I get up in the middle of the night to check if my doors are locked!  My paranoid parents!

1 comments:

emmy-ray said...

By the way I wanted to tell you I really enjoyed meeting J at the wedding. He's such a great guy.