One of the perks of living close to the largest military conglomeration known to man is that occasionally my father comes out here for business. He's in town for the next day and a half and so we met for dinner tonight. That was much-needed therapy. Just to have my dad in my car, across from me at the table, sitting on my couch, it was all very much appreciated tonight. Getting a hug from my most favorite man in the world was a very nice cap on my saddening day. Have I mentioned how awesome my father is?
some progress I'm having with the Cesar book. A recurring theme in his book is that whether you like it or not, dogs are a mirror of their owner (with severe behavioral issues aside). And sometimes you need to figure out what you're projecting on your dog or your environment to help with their issues. I don't really think that I am that much of a worry wort (lie) but I think I am guilty of anticipating Leo to act a certain way, therefore putting the energy "out there" for him to behave accordingly. So there's a huge chance that Leo acts like a crazy watch-dog spaz because I expect him to. I anticipate him to bark at a loud noise, and perhaps am giving off that energy instead of the energy saying, "It's all cool, Leo, I'm not worried, so you shouldn't be either." Currently working on achieving this kind of mythical energy.

1 comments:
REEECKY!
Post a Comment