I like to think one of my strong suits is what one might call "wordplay." Yes, that's quite nerdy, I know, but it's true. I can't do math, I don't understand science, but I can do words.
One of my most favorite new creations came up in a conversation with my dear friend Bob, who happens to be my favorite punning partner (read: he's also a big nerd). One day I was saying something to him about how compromises are a part of healthy relationships, but the results of a compromise shouldn't leave one party miserable. And then a lightbulb clicked on. Compromise + misery = compromisery.
Compromisery (noun) [cahm-pro-mizz-err-ee]: the state of unhappiness reached after one comes to a less-than-favorable compromise with a spouse/friend/parent/dog/boss/neighbor. Example: "We skipped the Nanny 911 marathon to watch South Park reruns...AGAIN. Someone put me out of my compromisery!"
Go ahead, incorporate it into your daily vocabulary. I think you'll find you've been looking for a word to match that feeling.
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Repeat after me
Posted by Stacy at 10:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
We ARE pretty good at it! Great with Acronyms as well. Case in point, NOHOE (Night of Hell on Earth).
Post a Comment