Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A mover and a shaker

I hate to go on and on about work, but I thought I'd share some positive things today.

1. I designed a retiring Army Colonel's program today...normally I don't do the "small stuff" like that, but I've always really admired this guy. His daughter goes to K-State and he always comes by to tell me what she's up to, etc. I put a lot of effort into it, and made the normal military collage page look particularly stunning, in the likeness of a scrapbook page. His wife had written all the captions on the backs of the pictures he gave me to use, and I loved what she wrote so much that I scanned those in, too, and used her words. I think it'll make him weep like a baby, and that's where I get joy out of my job.

2. I was so stinking busy today I didn't get a chance to write anyone back (Lex, Berkley was amazing, and how much do I love you for sending me a fresh fun fab springtime mix? I can't wait to listen to it!!!), but it was one of those busy days where everything fell into place. Every single thing someone asked me for, I either already had it done, or was almost done.

3. I got a phone call from HR today asking for some information so they could complete a PROMOTION PACKAGE. They didn't talk to me about my new salary yet, but if it's my salary + ANYTHING, I'll be better off than I am now. So excited.

4. On my way out of work today, I stopped to talk to like my ONLY friend in the building and we were discussing vacations and what not and I said, "I'm going to Tennessee next month and Kansas in June," and this girl (who I've seen before, and admittedly wish I'd spoken to the first time so there wouldn't be that weird I've seen you before but we didn't speak thing going on) stopped and said, "I hate to interrupt, but I'm moving to Kansas in August...Fort Leavenworth?" So we introduced ourselves, and I promised to find her tomorrow and give her the low-down on the LV. Or something. But it was nice to have the possibility of a new friend. Funny how at 25 I'm still tickled when that happens.

5. Because of #3, the boyf and I are going out to din-din to celebrate. I just got home from el gym and am one sweaty beast, so I need to get freshened up and beautified...because I feel like wearing my highest heels tonight, ladies.

Happy Earth Day, world.

2 comments:

AndyandLex said...

you are most welcome my darlin'...enjoy the mix and imagine 12 very confused jewish models strutting their stuff!!! and yeah for the promo.....

Lowa said...

Congrats on the surprise promo! Very exciting and good for you!