In between running down 4 flights of stairs to the basement to do laundry on my one day off this week, and also having to take the dogs on walks in freezing drizzly rain, I've decided to be lazy for the remainder of my day. Yesterday almost killed me. I also found out I'll be working all of next weekend. At least 12 days of straight working ahead of me. I'm not built for this kind of stuff. I need sleep. I need rest. I need me-time. I need time to nurse the beginnings of this cold knowing if I actually get sick I would let everyone down.
So for the rest of the evening, I'll be spending me-time. With the dogs. On the couch. Jamie, I know I said I'd call you tonight, but girl, if there's ever anyone who could understand my need to not talk today, it's you. Friend, we could talk (or not talk) forever. I promise I'll make it up to you.
In happy news, the newt has been found. In sad news, Fig was more like a newt-crouton when J found her curled up in the corner. We gave Sir Isaac a talking-to. It was sad seeing him all alone in his tank, but now I'm back to bare-feet and taking confident steps down the dark hallway.

2 comments:
no worries lady. i totally understand. i figured you needed some down time after working so much. rest up and we shall catch up soon! love ya, Gib
12 days?! I wish I could work at least one day for you :) Glad you found Fig, she was my favorite, too. Pretty much based on her name alone. RIP. Good luck with work, lady!
Post a Comment