This was such a miserable week at our house. J's been sick for over a week, although it seems like much longer now. Last week consisted of me whispering to him, "Do you have to breathe in my face? Can't you roll over? I love you!" as we fell asleep. Well, wouldn't you know, he did breathe on me -- LOTS probably, because around Tuesday of this week, it hit me. And I fell hard, too.
November of 2007 brought two things for me: love and a tonsillectomy. That's right, at 25 I got my infected chicken nugget-sized tonsils ripped out. A painful 3 week recovery was the last time I'd suffer due to those bastards, thank you. And I must say, a sinus infection like the one I have now would've likely killed me pre-tonsil-ripping-out. Yet I still sit here, with completely clogged ears and a stuffy nose, just thankful I can breathe out of one nostril today. On Wednesday, as my nose wouldn't stop running, and as J and I went through an entire box of tissues, I was just so grateful not to have those throbbing swollen walnuts stuck to the side of my throat. Self, I told myself, be glad you can swallow.
Thursday I woke up and realized that I was getting way worse. A trip to the doctor and 4 frustrating trips to Walgreens later, I had my antibiotics in hand, ready to fight the infection. My trip to the doc even inspired J to go see his. Matching sinus infections; isn't that precious?
Yesterday after I got home from work, I opened up all the windows even though it was only 45 degrees outside and let this place air out. I vacuumed, Swiffered, Cloroxed the remote, our phones, the coffee table. J washed our linens. I removed our 1,000 discarded tissues and we took out the trash. We're going to get better, dammit.
And the best way for me to get better? Finding out today that I've got tomorrow off work. Yep, not that I'll be doing any Superbowl drinking, well, maybe a virgin screwdriver or two, but I plan on sleeping in. Having breakfast with J. Walking the dogs. Trying to get the rest of J's birthday present together. Trying to live my entire life in 24 hours before it starts all over again. But hopefully this week will be different. Hopefully I'll have my hearing back.

1 comments:
You must get the Netti Pot. Its not attractive, a bit weird, kind of makes you feel like you are drowning, but it will change your life. I promise.
Post a Comment