Thursday, February 12, 2009

Aged 27 Years

So J's birthday was on Sunday, right?  Well I was completely having an awful unspeakable reaction to my antibiotic and was not about to celebrate.  We had a quiet dinner for two on Monday night and all was well.  His parents, however, totally showed us up.


Last night they took us out for dinner at their club.  Yes, I said it.  We dressed ourselves up and prepared to act like the young sophisticates we sometimes pretend to be when we're not wearing sweatpants and watching CSI.  It was so amazing.  I like to keep a running tally of the "Most Amazing Nights" and I think this one made the top ten.  Fine food, great cocktails, and 3 of the best storytellers I know.  And of course since it was a birthday, most stories were focused on my dear boyfriend and how he entered this great world (He was born with the Leboyer technique, which I think it totally cool and worth researching).

After eating a huge meal, birthday cake and bananas foster that they flambeed at the table, we headed for home.  Fat and happy.  But not before J told his parents to expect a Shaman at our wedding.  Yeah, he said it, not me.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Leboyer? Shaman? I need to research all of this.

Joanna said...

Oh and happy b-day, J!