Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hints of Spring

Yesterday was the first day of 70+ weather this year.  And I know the whole country is having freak heat, but it sent us into a tizzy that soon it'll really heat up and life will be fun again.  Beach weekends and Sunday brunches served with a side of ocean air.  Last-minute happy hours with friends.  Grilling out on the porch.  Walking the dogs late at night.  So last night once I finally made it home, J and I walked to our favorite restaurant for our favorite salads (you've never had a better Greek).  It was our first time really getting to do that since we moved because of the time of year we chose to move.  It was exciting.  It was exhilarating.  It reminded me that yes, this place we moved isn't just a safe harbor from work for 8 hours a night.  


This summer will be FUN.

0 comments: