My dad took us to a shooting range on Friday to shoot his guns. He's not a hunter or a farmer, he just collects old guns. We took 3 of his WWII guns and an old Smith and Wesson and spent a few hours scaring the crap out of ourselves. My dad and I've been trying to do it for the past few years, but it never seemed to work out when I came home in the past. Now, it'll be a pre-requisite since the men had so much fun.
I took pistol and rifle marksmanship in college, just for fun.
I did not take shotgun marskmanship.
This is me seconds after finding out shotguns hurt.
Justin shooting my dad's M1 Grand. It's a huge, very loud gun.
For never having fired a gun before, J impressed us all.
It should be noted that this picture was J's idea.
My dad laughed more this weekend with J than I've seen in a long time.
He really loved having a boy to pal around with.
Rockin' and Egg-rollin' with my mama...a tradition.
Our fry boy. "My arm won't be sore from shooting the shotgun,
it'll be sore from stirring the wok!"
Ruby is hilarious.
The first to arrive to the party, and the last to leave.
Also known as my best friends.
We didn't earn the nickname 'the fun ones' for no reason, you know.
He passed! They loved him!
The Nickels family (minus Ruby)

2 comments:
An even better caption: The Daleickles Militia.
Love the pics! Next time you're in town and want to go shooting, I'm in! Did I tell you my dad wants us to join a skeet club? Ha. Well, I might do it.
Post a Comment