Annoyed me:
1. The woman who sits in a cube adjacent to mine must be under some sort of contract that anytime a person opens a can of soda, she must shout, "That didn't sound refreshing enough to be a beer." I kind of chuckled the first time, because sure, it's funny. Once.
2. The heat. There's a heat index of 101 today. Plus smoke from the wildfires (side note: there was an article in the paper the other day talking about how long the smoke will linger in the area. They referenced a wildfire back in the 20s that burned for 3 years. Umm, at the 4 month marker I think I'll be packing my bags, thank you!). Hot hot heat + smoky smoky air = not a favorable condition for an asthmatic. At least 3 times this week I've woken up unable to breathe. Joy!
3. Work. Period.
4. Bugs and bug bites.
5. J's employers. Seriously people.
Made me happy:
1. Leo. He might be the cutest dog ever. Just the action of him walking up next to me, sitting down, and then grunting like a little piglet is enough to make me smile. And then smoosh his chest cowlick down. It's a compulsion.
2. Friday. Not so I can go out and party like a 25 year old, but so I can stay home and catch up on rest. Borrrrring.
3. TJ Maxx. After seeing the most adorable dress on Alexe's blog, she told me where I could find it, and whammo, I found 3 super cute (read: cheap!) dresses, and I couldn't resist. I wore one to work today and it really did make the day a little better. Thanks, fashion director!
4. My Nintendo. I'm not going to go on and on about it, but let's just say I'm on a new diet. It's called "The play so much Nintendo that you forget to eat diet." I'm doing very well on it. :)
5. J loves Chambord. He loves the taste and the quaint little bottle. He held it up and said, "In our new apartment, I want to put a fish in this and use it as a fishbowl." I won't let him do that of course, but I loved hearing the phrase, "In our new apartment..." come out of his mouth.
6. My mother. Since she's out of school for the summer (cue: schoooool's out.for.summa!) we talk a lot more, either email or phone. She's quite a lady and I'm so honored to be her friend, let alone offspring. She also mailed me the welcome boxes she made for J and I for our visit and I got the package today. When they were dropping us off at the airport, J said, "Oh, I didn't get anything for my mom. I probably should have." So my mother included a little gift for his mama and his daddy. She also tucked in an "80s bracelet" from her closet. Yeah, mom, "80s bracelet" is code for: awesome bangle my mother's been hiding from me all these years.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Things that annoyed me/made me happy today
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Things I love about StactheAce:
1) she shares fabulous where-to-find tips (and of course I have to share them back)
2) she's obessed with the dingo. I want an Ella dog to twirl chest curls on....guess my baby's mullet will have to suffice
3) she smells good. Random, but true. Do you ever stink? Seriously? I get perfume lust every time you walk by...
4) You come from a lineage of caring care package creators. I can tell where you get it from...yeah Mamma Nickels!
5) you have a certain stick-with-it-ness about a certain place we mutually hate and somehow you are professional and even manage to enjoy yourself about the whole thing. Please rub off on me!
Post a Comment