1. I had straight carrot juice for the first time yesterday. Not V8 Splash made with carrot juice (which I love, btw). JUST carrot juice. I couldn't tell if I liked it or if I wanted to spit it out. It was really sweet, but once I swallowed, it was all, "oh, hey carrots." I eat a huge bag of baby carrots every week, so you know, I'm all for carrots. Just not sure if it was too much carrot.
2. Something I haven't talked about on here yet, but most/all of you know anyway. J and I are moving in together in the Auguts/September timeframe. I'm so stinkin' excited, it's amazing how giddy I get thinking about it. We're so ready. So ready.
3. Due to an unfortunate event 2 weeks ago, Leo's favorite toy suffered a horrible accident. Horton's ears were torn off (Mary is a little less delicate with toys than Leo). Therefore, Horton could no longer hear the Whos. In a strange twist of fate, there was ONE Horton at Wal-Mart on Thursday. He came home with me. Now Leo is back to his old self again, with Horton-two firmly in his grasp.
4. I like watching "What Not to Wear" but I seriously dislike Stacey. Seriously. I know that she's on TV and all, but I think that personas like hers encourage mean and rude behavior in regular joes who can't decipher between fantasy and reality.
5. J is currently 18 days nicotine-free. I'm so proud of him. He is so strong; quitting cold turkey is insanely difficult, mentally and physically. His new addiction? Sunflower seeds. Being a baseball player, he's quite skilled with them. I've had to learn to understand his "seed speak" when he's got a cheek full of them. I've been finding them everywhere: my car, my porch, my bathroom??? But ya know what, I'd rather have seeds all over my house and all of my belongings to have a healthy, non-smelly man. You go, J! :)
6. This time in 2 weeks I'll be at my parents' house. My mom and dad already have my entire trip planned. And ya know what? I'm so glad about that. I can't wait to just sit around and talk to them...aaaand watch Ruby jog on the treadmill.
7. Went up to visit J's dad's dad (Granddaddy) in Moon, Virginia, on Saturday for his 92nd birthday. J and I canoed to a private little cove, took tons of photos, got a lil sunburn, got caught in the current and laughed so hard I couldn't paddle for a while, and of course he taught me a few more flowers.("Look, the Yucca Filamentosas are blooming!") Granddaddy is definitely one of the most influential people in J's life, and it's easy to see that he's the one who taught J to appreciate nature, and all things beautiful in nature. For a while, Granddaddy just walked me around his house showing me things on his shelves, or showing me pictures. We're going back to visit soon and I can't wait. This is a picture of a little 4-drawer piece I saw in his amazing treasure-filled barn...reminded me very much of my mother.
8. Worked out very hard at the gym tonight. I feel good right now. I wish there was a way to bottle this feeling.
9. Getting my hair done tomorrow at my hairdresser's new salon. I'm really stoked to see it since I've been watching it come together for the last 6 months.
10. I need to find a dress to wear to a wedding next weekend. Anyone seen any super cute summery dresses lately?

1 comments:
Welcome back from your blog hiatus. It was horribly insufferable for us blog-stalkers. So yes, welcome back.
Yah for quitting cold turkey and picking up seed spitting instead. Although watch that the seeds don't land on the side of your Jeep when he's spitting as you're driving because it will remove your pretty blue paint (comes from Miss Oklahoma who suffered that fate on her first fireengine red firebird.boo boo)
Post a Comment