One of Leo's most favorite toys is a small (formerly squeaky) monkey. "Monkey," as he's known around these parts, is featured with Leo in the wallpaper picture on my phone. You can usually find Monkey on the bed, as that's where Leo naps and the two are almost inseparable. The past week or so I've noticed little white polyfil cloud puffs near the places Monkey likes to haunt. I thought, "Could Leo be...destroying...him?" Nooooo...he loves him too much...he's not a destructive dog...
So you can imagine my surprise to find Monkey's face yesterday. That's right, Leo gnawed just his face off. He left Monkey's face on top of a pile of J's dirty socks. I'm not sure quite what it meant, but I'm sure it was some sort of cryptic message. Like the doggy version of "I'm watching you." A warning perhaps. As I will probably stitch Monkey's face back to his body, I couldn't bring myself to throw it away. Lord only knows where the body may be at this time, but I might warn J to check the insides of his shoes before putting them on.
Monday, August 11, 2008
Monkey brains
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment