Monday, August 18, 2008

On meeting Ryan James Winstead

I have a new love. His name is Ryan James. This is my first time holding him.
He's wearing the shark onesie I bought him before he was born.
This is a kid with a killer wardrobe.
The nannies loved picking out his tiny adorable ensembles.


He has the tiniest of wee tiny hands and fingers.
It amazed me to see how he was built "ready to go."
I couldn't get over how his palms looked just like mine do, and he's only 3 weeks old.
Babies are such a miracle.

His Nanny Jamie fell in love with him too. She has such a way with babies and children. Although she didn't like the sight of his umbilical cord, Nanny Jamie was a natural with Ryan.

We took some time out to play some wicked Guitar Hero, as well as singing on PopStar.
The Winsteads have an amazing basement theater
(please say it with a British accent... thee-uhh-tuhh).
We thought we rocked...the game did not.
Rowdy Dog fell in love with Nanny Jamie. He was her bestest furry friend.
Rowdy was grateful to have 2 animated dog lovers to pet him and love on him all weekend.
My college roomie and the first girl I met at SMSU.
I happen to think we're amazing.
I had to explain to him that although I can't see him every day, I will always think about him, and pray for him to grow healthy and strong and smart and sweet and good. I don't think he'll have a problem with any of those things. He was blessed with amazing parents. I can't wait to see you again, Baby Ryan, but when I do, prepare yourself for tons of kisses.

2 comments:

Lowa said...

I had such an amazing and wonderful time with you girls, thank you so much for coming! I wish that was every weekend. Ryan sends kisses!

Joanna said...

So very sweet! Glad you all had such a great time...and I can't wait to hear more about your new computer and future biz! So exciting! I haven't checked blogs or anything in days. I feel so out of touch with the world!