Thursday, August 7, 2008

NKOTB

My friends and I are having a painting party on Sunday afternoon...just getting together to paint a girlfriend's laundry room. I was asked to bring my iPod full of creative "indy folk" music, as they called it. I said, "Fo shizzle." So as I was buying my new fave Tristan Prettyman song so as not to let them down, I noticed that, hello, New Kids on the Block are #47 on the top 100 songs on iTunes right now. Seriously? I mean, they did hold the keys to my 11-year-old heart (and then again at 18 when both Joey and Jordan tried to make a comeback), but still, guys. But there they are. Listed right after Bow Wow. Personally, I liked him when he still had the "Lil" in front.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You got the right stuff Stacy,
I love the way you turn me on.
You got the right stuff Stacy,
You're the reason why I sing this song.

Oh oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh oh...

When I looked at these lyrics on paper for the first time 10 seconds ago, I thought a trained monkey could write this drivel. I'm going to do a NKOTB spoken word at the next open mic night.

Thank you, Monkey Donnie, Monkey Jordan, Monkey Jonathan, Monkey Joey and Monkey Dannys for writing the drivel thats going to be in my head all day now